EXPANDEO 2023 Venue
The EXPANDEO 2023 and the EARSC Awards ceremony will take place at the Museum of Natural Sciences, in Rue Vautier 29, 1000 Brussels.
EXPANDEO stimulates visitors to use the public transport system to travel to the venue. The parking possibilities are limited in the area of the Museum and the car park is very small and accessible in priority to visitors with reduced mobility.
Find your way to the Museum by public transport (Belgian Rail, STIB/MIVB, TEC and De Lijn) with www.belgiantrain.be/en/travel-info/current/current-departure-times.
Brussels-Luxembourg station is a five-minute walk from the museum (see the “Admissions” section above for details on Discovery Tickets)
- Bus 38 or 95 to “Idalie” or “Luxembourg” bus stops which are a five-minute walk from the museum
- Bus 34 or 80 to “Museum” bus stop, opposite the museum
- Line 1 or 5 to “Maelbeek/Maalbeek” station, a ten-minute walk from the museum
- Line 2 or 6 to “Trône/Troon” station, a ten-minute walk from the museum
Brussels Airport – Zaventem From the City Center
Take a train to Gare Bruxelles – Luxembourg. From there, walk 7 mins or take the bus No. 12 to Place du Luxembourg. From there, walk again for 7 mins.
From the City Center
Take metro line 1 or 5 to Maalbeek. Walk 7 mins.
From the European Neighbourhood
Walk from Schuman area 12 mins.
There are several possibilities of renting a bike in the City of Brussels:
- Villo! (including electric bikes eVillo!) – There are several Villo! bike rental stations near the museum. The nearest, station no. 102, is located just outside the Museum, at the base of the outside staircase, facing 229-233 Chaussée de Wavre.
- Bolt (shared electric bikes)
- Tier (shared electric bikes)
- Cozywheels (shared electric bikes and cargo bikes)
- E-bike to go (electric bikes)
Taxi vert: +32 (0) 2 349 49 49
Parking lots nearby
- Parking Forte Dei Marmi: Avenue du Maelbeek 61, 1040 Etterbeek
- Parking Jourdan: Place Jourdan 1, 1040 Etterbeek
- Parking Tulipe: Rue de la Tulipe 39a, 1050 Ixelles
- Parking des 2 Portes (Porte de Namur): Boulevard de Waterloo 2, 1000 Brussels
The Main Entrance of the Museum of Natural Sciences is accessible for disabled people (access ramps, elevators, visit itinerary, and specially adapted restrooms). Attendees with reduced mobility should contact us at least one day prior to the event so that we can best prepare for their arrival with the Security Service of the museum.
Green Key Hotels: Eco-friendly hotels in Brussels.
International eco-label chose today by over 2,700 tourism infrastructures in 56 countries worldwide. It is awarded annually based on evaluation criteria rating overall environmental management, waste management, water, energy and green open spaces, food, environmental education, mobility, … Through these criteria of excellence, the Green Key programme aims to promote sustainable development in tourism infrastructure.
- Radisson Red Brussels – 450m far from the venue
- Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
- Thon Stanhope Hotel Brussels By Thon Hotels
- Thon Hotel EU
During those two days, you can contact Natassa Antoniou (+324 877 119 61)